There are zillions of posts out there that advocate engaging with your Twitter Followers and putting reasonable updates on your Facebook Page. This is just another, except in my way.
Rather than reel off reports, statistics, experience and links, I will keep it simple.
But – here is a link to a post I created on Tweeting Responsibly.
1) Don’t Spam with links to your novel – use a scheduler like Bufferapp.
2) Ensure only 10% of daily tweets are links/adverts
3) Don’t just talk about your novels. Tell us something about you.
4) Don’t send the same Tweet to multiple users – people do notice.
5) Engage with your Followers/Likers, have a conversation.
6) Careful of losing your temper, it could cost you Followers/Likers.
7) Don’t come along and disappear for a week – if you can get into a daily habit, it helps.
8) Don’t expect everyone that you follow to follow you back.
9) Don’t plead for posts to be RT. (The odd one can be allowed).
10) Respond to replies, don’t just ignore them, and:
11) Respond to replies on you FB Posts. It’s all about engagement.
12) Give your Facebook Likers something to get excited about, like an image/sneak peek of something you’re working on.
13) Don’t get too political – because your accounts will reflect you.
Hey – do add some more in the comments.
Okay … Let’s summarise even more:
- Post Updates
- Respond to Replies
- Keep it often
Can it really be that difficult?
Who doesn’t have a phone/device to stay connected (when not distracted)?
Just remember to go to sleep.