A Writing Break is Upon Me
Writer’s all deserve breaks. If we didn’t have at least one every now and again, we could become washed out examples of our real selves.
Since Sept 2010, I have had rare breaks… The last one was November 2011 where I spent a solid month reading 4 novels. Loved it. Since then, I have poured out 3 novels. 1 is out to submission, 1 is due a redraft, and 1 is being redrafted as I type.
Well . . . the first 2-3 weeks of September 2012 will see me take a total break from writing – and – reading . . .
WHAT! I hear you say . . . or (what) I hear you whisper.
It seems like the house move may be back on. Of course it’s not a certainty, but if so, then I will be neck deep in renovating. Fret not, I will still tweet and be around, but the blog may see little posts during this time.
BUT – I will be back. I have plans for Post-Renovation and a little bit of Pre-Renovation:
- Sept 7-9 Attend the Festival of Writing in York
- Hope to make a mark with agents at the Festival
- Complete redraft of Novel 4 in Sept
- Start editing the videos for the Second Writer’s Campaign – Please Join in!!!
- Submit Novel 4 to agents during 1st week of Oct
- Start submitting to further agents for Novel 2 in Oct
- Redraft Novel 3 in Oct
- Submit Novel 3 in Nov
- Create a short story for a Nomad Anthology in Nov
And then I will evaluate where I stand
I am all for Traditional Publishing – but if I don’t get anywhere by Spring 2013, then maybe . . . just maybe, I might start pushing out Novels 1,2,3,4 in the self-pub arena with a novel every 4 months. And of course, I will be starting others come Jan 2013.
Yes………… I know renovating isn’t much of a break . . . but even a week away from writing feels wrong for me.
I want to write.
I want to b out there.
I will be out there.