Writer’s all deserve breaks. If we didn’t have at least one every now and again, we could become washed out examples of our real selves.
Since Sept 2010, I have had rare breaks… The last one was November 2011 where I spent a solid month reading 4 novels. Loved it. Since then, I have poured out 3 novels. 1 is out to submission, 1 is due a redraft, and 1 is being redrafted as I type.
Well . . . the first 2-3 weeks of September 2012 will see me take a total break from writing – and – reading . . .
WHAT! I hear you say . . . or (what) I hear you whisper.
It seems like the house move may be back on. Of course it’s not a certainty, but if so, then I will be neck deep in renovating. Fret not, I will still tweet and be around, but the blog may see little posts during this time.
BUT – I will be back. I have plans for Post-Renovation and a little bit of Pre-Renovation:
- Sept 7-9 Attend the Festival of Writing in York
- Hope to make a mark with agents at the Festival
- Complete redraft of Novel 4 in Sept
- Start editing the videos for the Second Writer’s Campaign – Please Join in!!!
- Submit Novel 4 to agents during 1st week of Oct
- Start submitting to further agents for Novel 2 in Oct
- Redraft Novel 3 in Oct
- Submit Novel 3 in Nov
- Create a short story for a Nomad Anthology in Nov
And then I will evaluate where I stand
I am all for Traditional Publishing – but if I don’t get anywhere by Spring 2013, then maybe . . . just maybe, I might start pushing out Novels 1,2,3,4 in the self-pub arena with a novel every 4 months. And of course, I will be starting others come Jan 2013.
Yes………… I know renovating isn’t much of a break . . . but even a week away from writing feels wrong for me.
I want to write.
I want to b out there.
I will be out there.