Writer’s Video 2!
The first-of-its-kind collaborative Writer’s Video went down a storm. If that cliché filled sentence destroyed your schematics… sorry…
The time has come to start a new one. [Actually, I lie – a new one will take place at the Festival of Writing York September 2012]. What I’m announcing is the second I’m a Writer Video titled: We’re Writers – Let’s Tell a Story. I hope many from the first will return and many new will join in.
We’re Writers – Let’s Tell a Story
1. You can use a webcam, iMac, iPad, iPhone, or any other smartphone to record your video.
2. Please try to have your face at least above the 1/3 mark (ie: the red section below). This allows me to add captions below without overlapping your wonderful features.
3. You can be holding a copy of your own book (as additional advertising)
4. Just read for ten seconds, and this can be from anywhere. It could be from your published novel, or WIP, or even a poem.
5. Don’t be afraid to read out ‘He said’, ‘She did’, ‘He went,’ There was a’ – or even to read out some dialogue – sometimes bits like this will help the flow when stitching videos together.
6. Speak clearly (and please don’t whisper or mutter) for 10 seconds.
7. You can put on a voice, or be dramatic in delivery.
8. Don’t rush your words. It’ll make editing our words easier for me.
9. Please don’t state your name or Twitter ID. I will display that anyway.
10. When emailing me, make sure you let me know your Twitter ID and the words that you read out.
Closing Date is September 21st 2012 – Friday.
Email the video to firstname.lastname@example.org
An important note: Those that submit, and are successful, please, please, please, do share, Facebook, RT, promote the video once it is released. Exposure is good for all involved – including you! And do follow one another on Twitter
Come on – let’s make this fun.