As you know, or then again, do not know, I am plugging away with Edirevising my two novels. The first one, The Last Strider is chugging along nicely and the completion date of Oct 15 appears achievable.
It is startling when you re-read chapter that you thought were amazing, and find they are perplexed with issues such;
- Run-on sentences
- Diluted Impact sentences
- Poor/Wordy Dialogue
- Conflicting and often Confusing narrative
…The solution is simple… change, hack and re-invent.
As soon as The Last Strider is completed, I will be jumping into another intense 5 weeks of Edirevising my second novel, Disconnect. Why do I do this to myself? Because I care about my writing.
October and November are tight months for me, but I plan to do more than just editing the above novels. Other items on the agenda include;
- Attending ‘Getitng Published’ Event in London October 15th
- Get Together with the Nomad Novelist Writing Group in Oxford October 29th
- Start a Weekly Series on my Blog… about something related to Fantasy…
- Create Syynopsis for The Last Strider.
- Create Synopsis for Book 2 + 3 of The Last Strider. Good to be prepared.
- Start a Page relating to Grammar
- Continue Tweeting and Blogging the way that I do.
So for those that thought their novel was complete, but are now going back to revise… keep at it… never give up.